If you’ve noticed that the men in your life are looking a bit scruffier these days, commend them!
No-Shave November was established in 2009 with less than 50 participants.
Today, thousands of men and women around the world, including Home Helpers very own Mark Skinner, Manager of Digital Marketing, are putting down their razors for the entire month to raise awareness and donations for this great cause.
The idea is to embrace the natural growth of your hair, which many cancer patients lose during treatment, and donate the money you usually spend on shaving supplies to help educate people about cancer prevention, aid those fighting the battle and save lives.
Talk to Your Doctor & Educate Yourself
The signs and symptoms of testicular cancer include:
- A lump or enlargement in either testicle
- A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum
- A dull ache in the abdomen or groin
- A sudden collection of fluid in the scrotum
- Pain or discomfort in a testicle or the scrotum
- Enlargement or tenderness of the breasts
Prostate cancer may not cause signs or symptoms in its early stages, so it’s important to talk with your doctor about the best options for screening. Prostate cancer that is more advanced may cause signs and symptoms such as:
- Trouble urinating
- Blood in the urine or semen
- General pain in the lower back, hips or thighs
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Bone pain
Although the month is almost over, it is never too late to support this great cause by spreading the word and making a donation to the American Cancer Society!
Together, we can make a difference!